Our network

Father, son, & nephew killed by carbon monoxide | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Father, son, & nephew killed by carbon monoxide
News


WARTBURG - Three people are dead and two others are being treated for apparent carbon monoxide poisoning at a home in Morgan County.

According to Steve Cochran, Morgan County Sheriff's Office chief deputy, authorities were called to a home on Susack Lane in Wartburg about 9 p.m. Saturday.

They found Anthony Carroll, 44, his son, Jacob, 17, and his nephew, Jamon, 8, dead in the home.

Carroll's wife, Penny Carroll, 41, and son, Dylan, 19, were both taken to University of Tennessee Medical Center for treatment. WBIR is working to confirm their conditions.

Cochran said there was no power to the home, but the family was running a generator in a mud room with no apparent ventilation. That was the source of the deadly carbon monoxide fumes that flooded the house. There was no carbon monoxide detector in the home.

The investigation into the deaths is continuing, but Cochran said it appeared to be an accident.

Authorities say generators aren't the only things that can produce carbon monoxide.

The Knoxville Fire Department is offering tips to help the public avoid carbon monoxide dangers.

KFD says gas furnaces, fireplaces and water heaters can all be sources of the gas.

Firefighters advise everyone to install a carbon monoxide detector in their home. They're available for $30 to about $100 at any major retail outlet.

Fire crews also recommend bringing in a profession to inspect your home and check the gas water heater or furnace.


News

Scott - Campbell - Morgan Businesses